One Day Noise Awareness Courses - Pulsar Instruments plc
Occupational Noise Awareness Courses 2013
Due to the number of requests by our existing and potential customers, Pulsar Instruments plc are delighted to announce the continuation of its popular ‘noise awareness courses’ hosted at a variety of venues throughout the UK.
The ‘One Day Awareness Courses’ focus on key facts and will give delegates from any background an understanding of the issues relating to the measurement and control of noise in their workplace. It is also suitable as a 'refresher course' for customers who may not have used our noise measuring equipment for some time.
The following and many other questions will be answered clearly:
- How can I determine whether we have a noise problem and, if so, who is at risk?
- How do I comply with the NEW ‘Controlling Noise in the Workplace’ regulations?
- What do I need to measure and why should I calibrate my sound monitoring equipment?
- How do I apply my measurements to he NEW action levels and legal limits?
- What should I do if we exceed any of these levels or limits?
We have selected a number of different venues this year that will provide a stimulating environment for delegates such as the Whipsnade Zoo in Bedfordshire, The Cricket Ground in Edgbaston and the Royal Northern College of Music in Manchester. New for 2013: some venues have agreed to let us take some noise measurements on the day along with their staff or service users to allow for 'real life' noise measurement applications.
Refreshments and a buffet lunch are provided along with comprehensive written reference materials, certiﬁcate of attendance and loan of equipment for the practical sessions. Details of overnight hotel accommodation can be forwarded on request to interested parties.
- Introduction and Welcome
- Basic Noise Theory. What is sound? The decibel scale, adding and subtracting noise levels
- Noise Units and Terminology: What are the basic units used for noise measurement, and what terminology will you find when using noise measurement instruments?
- The NEW EU Physical Agents (Noise) Directive: What are the key changes in the new regulations & how will they affect noise risk assessments and surveys?
- BS4142 Industry standard overview: Method for rating industrial noise affecting mixed residential and industrial areas
- Noise Control Basics: The basics of noise control, reverberation in large spaces and simple noise control applications
- How to measure Noise: What instruments are suitable for different applications, area measurements and personal noise exposure measurements?
- Using Sound Level Meters & Noise Dosemeters: Practical considerations of using noise measurement instrumentation for ‘real world measurements’
- Recording information & reporting noise measurements: Reporting noise measurements and providing an ‘Action Plan’
- Practical Workshop: Your chance to make some noise measurements under the guidance of experienced professionals
- Worked Examples then Open Discussion: Delegates will get the valuable opportunity to reflect and practice within the group what we have learnt during the day
Delegates can take a variety of measurements with their own equipment or that loaned by Pulsar Instruments Plc on the day.
Existing Pulsar customers can attend a further session where they will be given detailed guidance on the correct use of their own instrumentation and how to interpret the results using their Pulsar software.
The next course will be held at Whipsnade Zoo in Dunstable, Beds. on Wednesday 24 April 2013 (NOW FULLY BOOKED)
Dates in 2013 include:
* Wednesday 24th April 2013 at Whipsnade Zoo, Dunstable Bedfordshire - COURSE NOW FULL
* Wednesday 5th June 2013 - Edgbaston Cricket Ground, Birmingham - Places available
* Wednesday 25 September 2013 - Royal Northern College of Music, Manchester - Places available
For further advice or additional information, please contact Angela Burns, Administration Assistant at Pulsar Instruments plc.
- Tel: 01723 518011 Fax: 01723 518043
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cost: £265.00 & VAT Arrive 9.00am for 9.20am start. (Refreshments, finger buffet and course materials included).
- Finish 3.30pm with extended sessions for those interested